Ian and Lyn’s existing kitchen was in good condition but the style, colour and type of cabinets didn’t work well for them. Also, with their dining table in the next room, their kitchen didn’t feel particularly sociable either. What they wanted was a light, bright, easy to care for kitchen, with plenty of good storage, along with an open plan dining room.
So, with this in mind, here’s what we did.
- Designed the new kitchen with drawers, and full height cabinets to maximise storage without overcrowding the room
- Removed the wall between the kitchen and dining room (a steel beam was installed)
- Blocked up the kitchen door
- Installed an easy to care for Nolte handleless kitchen with oak effect base and tall cabinets, and wall cabinets in a subtle soft magnolia.
- Fitted the appliances, sink and tap.
- Installed a polished quartz worktop
- Fitted a bespoke splashback in coloured glass.
As you can see from the before and after* photographs below, the room has been totally transformed. Ian and Lyn are absolutely delighted with the outcome and so are we!
Cabinets: Nolte Timber in Holm Oak and Nolte Soft Lack in Magnolia. Worktop: 20mm Silestone White Arabesque quartz
(* Thanks to Gemma Lester Photography for the after images)
“We wanted to avoid dealing with numerous contractors, and Haydown was with us from concept to completion. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend anyone who wants to go on the journey of kitchen refurbishment to partner with Haydown Kitchens.”